1. Stress is a necessary, useful part of life. EMBRACE IT.
2. Most stress is resolved in 1 of 3 ways: fight, flight or freeze. DECIDE WHICH IS BEST.
3. Stress triggers are known and predictable. BUDGET FOR IT.
4. Stress affects self-esteem/efficacy. WORK ON ITS CAUSE.
5. Stress affects mind and body. ATTEND TO BOTH.
a. Mind: SWITCH OFF AUTOPILOT AND MANAGE OUTCOMES
i. Use up nervous energy. EXERCISE
ii. Watch sugar/alcohol intake. NUTRITION
iii. Keep a notebook beside your bed. WRITE YOUR WORRIES DOWN AND SLEEP